Mission Community Hospital proudly provides a full range of surgical procedures, including the da Vinci® robotic system, as well as minimally invasive and laparoscopic techniques. Our brand-new Surgical Suite features state-of-the-art operating rooms and equipment. And many procedures may now be performed on an outpatient basis. Learn more about our hospital’s advanced surgical services.
“We are proud that Mission Community Hospital surgeons represent the best surgical talent in the San Fernando Valley community. We have more than 98 board-certified surgeons on staff. Many of them have additional board certification in specialized fields, including vascular, plastic, spine and orthopedic surgery.”
Farshad Malekmehr, M.D., Chief of Surgery
Department of Surgery,
Mission Community Hospital
Why Choose Mission Community Surgical Services
- More than 40 board-certified surgeons with advanced training in the specialties you’re looking for:
Oral Maxillofacial Surgery
General Vascular Surgery
Peripheral Vascular Surgery
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Access to the newest advancements in minimally invasive surgery — tiny cameras, computer imaging and micro-instruments allow surgeons to perform complex procedures through small incisions. Compared to conventional surgery, these techniques offer several advantages, including faster recovery. Mission Community is proud to offer the da Vinci® Surgical System, which is latest, most state-of-the-art robotic technology used by hospitals today.
- Advanced Surgical Nursing Team – our team of registered nurses, licensed vocational nurses and surgical technicians is fully certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support.For more information about Surgical Services at Mission Community Hospital, please call (818) 904-3557.
Find a Mission Community surgeon
Newly Renovated Surgical Facilities
Our new surgical facilities offer patients advanced, leading-edge care within a compassionate, healing environment. For patients who need hospitalization after surgery, we provide a newly upgraded Intensive Care Unit and Medical/Surgical Floor.
• Main Surgical Suite
Three brand-new, fully equipped operating rooms
Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) safe, for continuous monitoring.
• Outpatient Surgery and Short Stay Unit
• Gastrointestinal Laboratory and Special Procedures Room
Family Waiting Areas and Meditation Room
You’ll find comfortable family waiting areas at the Main Entrance, West Lobby and next to the Cafeteria. Our non-denominational meditation room, offering a quiet, peaceful environment.